After numerous requests from family and friends for belly photos and pregnancy updates, I decided the time has come to start a family blog. It seemed easier to get it up and running now then after the baby comes and I want to make sure we can share all the exciting firsts that are coming as well as lots and lots of baby photos. I know I love keeping tabs on our friends across the country via their blogs so I'm hoping this will help keep all our family and friends up to date on what is going on with us. Hopefully this blogging thing isn't too complicated since I am not the tech wizard of the family.
Here are some highlights from the pregnancy so far. My due date is May 10th, although I like to think of it more as an "estimated arrival date". My mom was early delivering me and all my siblings and John's mom was late with all three of her boys so who knows when our little bundle of joy will decide to arrive. Our OB's name is Dr. Martin and we will most likely be delivering at INOVA Fair Oaks hospital. Early in the pregnancy I had some serious food aversions but no major morning sickness. I basically lived off of bagels with cream cheese, soup, pizza, and fruit for the first 10 weeks. I was pretty wiped out by the end of each day and queasy, but otherwise felt okay. Twelve weeks came, punctuated by a nasty case of the H1N1 flu. Apparently I looked bad enough that my OB called me at home the next day and later confessed she had trouble sleeping she was so worried about me. After a week out of work and another week of half-functioning at work, I finally started feeling better. I started feeling the baby move around 16 1/2 weeks but John couldn't feel the baby until about 21 weeks. The second trimester was going pretty smoothly until I was in a little fender bender at week 22. I was driving in traffic and the driver behind me must of gotten distracted because he didn't notice all the cars stopping and slammed into the back of my car. It wasn't a bad hit but it took a trip to the ER and a follow-up with my OB later before I was reassured everything was fine. I'm now at week 24 and feeling pretty well. The baby moves around a ton: kicking, stretching, wiggling, flipping... you name it. We've also seen the baby sucking its thumb twice on ultrasound and were told that at 19 weeks the baby was in the 90th percentile for weight. Dr. Martin said it isn't necessarily an indication of what the weight will be closer to delivery, but that we will need to keep an eye on it. So, that's where we are right now. I will try to keep this blog updated as we get closer and closer to May!
Monday, January 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Very nice blog and photo's Barbara...
ReplyDeleteI just wonder if you should have pictures of John's belly to see how it grows as well. ;)
Congrats