Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Catching My Breath

Sorry for the delay in blogging. Nate has had some raging reflux which makes him really uncomfortable. This means that I am pretty much holding him all day. Oddly enough I get more done while I am breastfeeding then the rest of the day since I have one free hand while I am nursing. I haven't gotten adept enough to blog one-handed. Yet. Whether it is the reflux or some other reason, I don't know, but Nate has also decided he doesn't want to sleep during the day. Today for example, he went from 8:30 AM to about 7:30 PM with only three 15 minute or less catnaps.

Enough convincing you that I really sincerely haven't had the time to blog and update pictures. Let's move on to happier news. Nate is smiling more frequently now and stares at faces. His new favorite song is Old MacDonald Had a Farm a when I am feeling pretty desperate to get him to stop crying I sing the rosary to him. For real. It is as much for me as it is for him, I think. Oh, and you would be surprised how many animals you can come up with that could potentially live on a farm. We've moved way beyond the basics because if it stops a baby from crying his eyes out, you can get really creative.

Nate is growing by leaps and bounds and somehow manages to just get cuter. I think he looks more and more like John as his face fills out. Most people that see him tend to agree. Everyone also comments on how alert and attentive he is. At my post-partum visit today, Dr. Martin commented that he is just "too smart to want to sleep". She said he just doesn't want to miss anything.

Saturday is a big day for us. We are having Nate baptized and a bunch of our family are coming up for the occasion. Nate is going to meet some of his family for the first time like his Great Aunt Liz and Great Uncle Tommy, his Uncle Andy and Aunt Amy, and his cousins Chris, Emilia, Dillon, and Sean. I'm sure everyone who has met him already will be surprised at how big he looks now. We are looking forward to bringing Nate into the Church as well as seeing our family. It is going to be a great weekend!

Here are some random shots from the past two and a half weeks.

1 comment:

  1. He's adorable! And when Reid was that age, my go-to songs were:
    1)Hush Little Baby Don't Say a Word--we made up many, many random verses to this song

    2) To the tune of B-I-N-G-O I would sing something like, "There was a baby who loved to scream and Reid-o was his name-o. R-E-I-D-O" etc... I would go all the way through this sequence except I realized I couldn't clap in place of the letters and hold him at the same time. I think I patted his back instead. :)

    ReplyDelete