Yes! I managed to post this before Nate's seven-month-birthday! I can't believe my baby is half a year old already. It is crazy. The fact that he still is waking up twice a night (on a good night) adds to the feeling that he is still a newborn. In all other areas, however, he is looking like quite the big guy. Nate now rolls all over the place and circles like a clock on his stomach and back to get to various toys. He has definite ideas about what he wants to play with and how he wants to play with things. He sits up for long periods and occasionally nosedives onto his stomach to grab for things. He is eating more solids and actually liking most of them now. He babbles, makes tons of noises, and laughs pretty loudly. He also is starting to play by himself for brief periods with occasional glances to make sure I am within eyesight. This is monumental as it means I can sometimes put laundry in or prep some parts of meals while he is awake instead of the 30 minutes he is sleeping.
We had a nice celebration for his birthday. I made mud pie cupcakes (chocolate cake with oreos, chocolate chips, and chocolate glaze topping) that were awesome. I actually brought some in to Nate's six-month check-up and gave them to the pediatrician to get them out of the house. One or two cupcakes is reasonable, but one or two per day is not lol.
I will add photos from his six-month photo shoot after John uploads them. Nate is getting so big and looking more and more grown-up.
Saturday, November 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment