This is a little out of order, but my little sister, Melinda, came to visit for a few days before we went to New Hampshire. It was awesome having her around. She was such a big help with the baby and I was able to get things done that have been on my to-so list for way too long. We also went to see Eclipse and she helped me get to the eye doctor and pick out new glasses- a task that seemed impossible to do alone with Nate. I had a blast hanging out with her and it made me wish I lived back in New York so that I could see my family more often.
While Min was here I went to look at a daycare that was recommended by our former neighbor. I have been looking for something I feel comfortable with for a few weeks and even though I didn't get a great vibe on the phone, I went to see it anyway. I was not happy at all. The two-year-olds were in play pens watching Sesame Street and the 7 -month-old was plopped in a stationary entertainer zonked out in front of the TV. The two-year-olds were not talking and one of the providers picked up the baby and laid him down to sleep in another play pen on his stomach with loose blankets and toys. There were scissors in the couch and no books or infant toys in sight. I could not imagine leaving Nate there. I'm having a hard enough time thinking about leaving him anywhere, let alone somewhere so under-stimulating and potentially dangerous.
It is back to the drawing board. I am doubling my efforts in hope of finding something I can live with. I don't expect to feel good about any daycare, because I know it won't be as good as me taking care of him, but I am hoping to find somewhere I feel he will be well-cared for, safe, and stimulating. The trickiest part is finding something like that that is also in our price range.
We did decide that we could swing me cutting down my hours to three days a week so I can at least be home with Nate two days a week. That makes me feel slightly better. I have a few leads to folow-up on so we will see what happens.
Tuesday, August 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment