Friday, August 13, 2010

What's Up, Doc?

So next week is my last week of summer vacation/maternity leave. Unfortunately I'll be heading back to work the following week. Fortunately, I will only be working three days a week and I will get to spend the other two home with Nate.

We finally have our daycare situation straightened out. We are sharing a nanny with someone I work with, Heather. Heather has used this nanny for the past year and the other family she shared her with has dropped out. She has been very happy with her and so have all her previous families. In fact, she still gets invited over for dinner and birthday parties to a lot of the families. She seemed very willing to do anything to help Nate when he has a bad day and sweet and knowledgeable overall. She has over twenty-five years of experience. I am less than happy leaving him, but I feel comfortable he will be cared for by Junu and not left crying and miserable. Heather's house is also less than 5 minutes from my job so I can stop by if I have a canceled visit, which is a nice bonus.

During our last full week together, Nate and I will be very busy. He is being seen by a pediatric GI doctor Monday, an allergist Wednesday, and his pediatrician Friday. I am trying to get his stomach issues as resolved as I can before I have to go back to work. I would have liked to do this sooner, but it takes a little while to get referred to a specialist and then to get scheduled. Also next week, my friend Kristine and her little girl Maggie are going to be in town so we are hoping to catch up with them, and my friend Mary is coming to visit from NY on Thursday. At least there will be some fun smushed in between all the time in doctors' offices. I will let you know if the specialists figure out what is going on with little Nate.

No comments:

Post a Comment