I had a doctor's appointment today. I was a little concerned about how much swelling I have had the last few days (mostly in my fingers, ankles, and feet) and the fact that everyone at work kept commenting on how much bigger I looked in the one week they hadn't seen me (both swelling and rapid weight gain are signs of preeclampsia). I also needed the okay from Dr. Martin to go to NY this weekend for my make-up shower date. She checked me out and said I had put on a bit of weight since my last appointment and she could see the swelling but thought both were within normal limits for the point I am at in pregnancy. That was a big relief. She suggested weighing myself every day to track the weight gain a little better and trying not to push myself too hard. If I gain more than 3 lbs in a day, have swelling in the face or thighs, or get really intense headaches I am supposed to call back. She also gave me "permission" to travel this weekend. She was very reassuring as was hearing the baby's heartbeat. From now on our appointments will be every 2 weeks instead of 4 weeks.
After the appointment, someone at work made a really good point when they asked if I have been eating a lot of frozen foods this weekend. With everything going on I have not had the energy to make home-cooked meals as often and so we have been eating much more prepared and frozen meals. Those things tend to have a lot of sodium in them which could have contributed to the sudden swelling. I will have to be more careful about that from now on. Overall, a good report from the doctor and some peace of mind for me.
Monday, March 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment