Sunday, March 14, 2010

Prenatal Yoga

I just wanted to let everyone know how awesome prenatal yoga is. John got me a gift certificate to a local yoga studio for Christmas and I think it was my best Christmas present ever. I sometimes have to gear myself up to go since the class is Friday evenings and I am usually wiped from the work week, but once I am there I am always so happy I went. It helps me calm my mind down and focus on the baby instead of all the stress of the work week and of worrying about getting everything done in time for our little one's arrival. The instructors are super knowledgeable and show us exercises for any body aches and pains we are experiencing. We also practice breathing a lot and positions you can use to alleviate labor pains which gives me more confidence about the whole labor/birth experience to come. I think it is helping my body and mind right now and am really appreciative of John and his thoughtfulness.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go John! Glad you found a non-work related activity to enjoy during pregnancy. :) Can't wait to see you this weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete