My family had originally scheduled a baby shower for me the last weekend of February. I was feeling uncomfortable with the idea of celebrating one week after my brother's funeral but after hearing how important it was to my mom to have a happy event to look forward to it, I agreed to go along with it. There was some intervention from Mother Nature as she dumped 3 feet of snow on my mom's city Friday-Saturday forcing her to reschedule the shower. We ended up rescheduling for this past Sunday. There were some people who couldn't go because of the last minute date change, but I felt more comfortable about the whole thing since there had been at least another week for me to digest everything.
The party went really well. My mom and sisters spent a lot of time planning and preparing everything. A lot of friends and family were able to come on the short notice and everyone was very supportive and generous. It was so nice to see everyone at a happy occasion. We got a ton of stuff for the baby and lots of warm wishes and hugs for me. Melinda and my cousin Elizabeth took turns as photographer, so I will post some photos once they send them to me.
John was a trooper driving back and forth for the third time in four weekends and carrying all the presents inside. He was excited to check out all the technical stuff (like reading the installation instructions for the car seat) and scope out his camo "diaper dude" bag. I just love looking at everything and thinking about our little baby using or wearing all the presents! It makes it seem even more real to have all this baby gear in our apartment.
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment