We have had a rough few weeks. As I am sure most of you know, I lost my brother Timmy on February 16th. He was 37. It has been a rough road and I am just trying to deal with everything in as healthy a way as possible to not stress my body and the baby out too much. It's hard, but luckily I have plenty of family and friends supporting me. Unfortunately it sometimes takes a horrible situation like this to remind you how many awesome people you have in your life. My family has been very supportive in letting me do whatever I need to do and picking up the slack where necessary. Alison is handling everything with the shower so I don't have to think about it and Melinda is reminding me often about how special the little person growing inside me is. John is doing everything he can think of to make things less stressful for me and bears the brunt of my emotional outbursts with grace. Pregnancy hormones + trauma + grief is not a good combination. I'm amazed at how my mom gets out of bed in the morning let alone everything she does. My extended family and friends all have nothing but encouraging things to say and my co-workers have even picked up extra work themselves to reduce how much I have to do right now. Like I said, incredible people I have in my life. My prenatal yoga class also is super helpful in helping me quiet my mind, let go of tension, and relax my body. I'm feeling sad, but also thankful for all the good things and people in my life.
With everything going on, I missed a 7 month belly shot so here is a 7.5 month one:
Awww Barbara, you look AMAZING!!!! I can't wait to see you and your belly in person! I am sorry you have had such a rough road lately, but it sounds like you're doing everything you can to keep a positive outlook on things for the baby. We love you dearly and are looking forward to seeing you next month!!!
ReplyDeleteYou're still wearing the blue shirt - very cool and what a cute belly :) Wonder if it will fit next month or if we'll get to see some belly button! I can't believe you're 30 weeks. This is so exciting. It's good that you have a positive outlook on things - this baby will be the most wonderful thing that has every happened to you. I'd love to talk with you, so if you're up for a phone call, let me know!
ReplyDelete