Monday, April 26, 2010

Eleven Days

Dr. Martin had told us awhile back that she did not want me going past my due date since my blood pressure has been an issue this pregnancy. She wants to deliver the baby before my blood pressure gets out of control which could mean an emergency c-section and a lot of other complications for both mom and baby. We got a phone call from the nurse at my OB's office Friday to schedule an induction date in case it comes to that. So, the deadline is May 7th. I am really, really hoping this baby decides to come on its own before then. I know statistically the outcomes are a lot better with a lot less complications if you go into labor on your own than when women are induced. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow so we will see what they say. Meanwhile, I will keep talking to the baby and trying to persuade them that it is a lot more spacious and comfortable out in the world than in my belly. Either way, it is exciting to think that at most there are 11 days until we meet our little one!

No comments:

Post a Comment